Hello, we are the Oral Health Improvement Team for Bedford and Central Bedfordshire.
We deliver the My Smile award and the Let’s Brush programme in our area. They both support targeted early years settings with daily supervised toothbrushing. My Smile extends to ensure that the settings are tooth friendly in their everyday practice.
Interested in more detail? Visit our My Smile page.
We provide free training to settings taking part in both our My Smile award and the Let’s Brush programme.
We also offer free general oral health training to:
- Early Years practitioners
- Teachers, Governors and staff in primary special schools
- Health professionals working with children
- Professionals working with looked after children
- Is free of charge
- Can be adapted to suit recipients and setting
- Includes the fundamentals of good oral health; oral care, diet and dental visits
- Can be delivered online or in person
- Counts towards Continuous Professional Development
Promoting national campaign messages around oral health is key to our work, too. See how and when we do this here.
Contact us, we’d be happy to see how we can work with you:
Address: Bedfordshire Oral Health Improvement Team, Flitwick Health Centre, Highlands, Flitwick, MK45 1DZ