Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust (CCS) is committed to providing high quality services.
To do this, we need to access, use and sometimes share your information or personal data, which includes sensitive data, known as special category data.
This notice tells you what we do and why and how to raise any concerns or exercise any rights you may have in respect of your data. For more information please visit our website at Privacy Notice
Data Controller: Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS TrustICO Registration:- Z2187662
Purpose for Using Data: The service uses personal data as outlined below in order to coordinate care for service users, including:
- Enabling online access to self-care resources, webinars, web chat, health quizzes and health assessment tools, such as the Patient Activation Measure.
- Making and accepting referrals, delivering care and handling complaints.
- Updating healthcare records to enable effective care delivery.
Personal Data: Name; address; contact details; date of birth and NHS number of child and parent(s)/carers.
e.g. employment and benefits status, child receiving Information relating to
support for SEND or from social care.
Lawful Basis: Public task
Special Category Data: Race, medical information including; smoking status and substance misuse of parentsSpecial Category Condition: Public interest
Third Party Source of Data:
- Child Health Information Service (CHIS)
- Acute hospital (e.g. A&E attendance and maternity services)
- Health provider partners including dentist, other community providers
- Local Authority
- Education setting/ school/college
- Children’s Centres
- Voluntary organisations involved in
health or social care
Sharing with Third Party and Reason: Data is shared to enable our staff to identify, assess and allocate appropriate services for parents/carers and children and young people. We share to make referrals and for treatment. The third parties are:
- Child Health Information Service: contact details can be shared to understand if a child moves in or out of area and to record public health information eg immunisations;
- GP: personal data and special category data;
- Hospital (typically A&E attendance, and maternity services):
- Health partners:
- Local Authority : personal data and special category data can be shared for social care, housing, and safeguarding needs.
- Education setting/ schools/colleges, including for weight and height assessment and school immunisation;
- Children’s Centres, contact details are shared in order to access the service (no medical information is shared)
Automated Decisions: There are no automated decision making
Retention Period: Your data will be stored securely and held and destroyed in accordance with our Retention Schedule.
Transfer Outside UK: Your data is not transferred outside the UK
Exercising Your Rights: You have rights over the data we hold. You have a right to be informed; of access; and to ask for rectification or erasure and to portability. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will consider every request and if there is any reason we cannot agree to it, we will let you know why and how to appeal this decision.
Data Protection Officer: Frances Bogieemail@example.com
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact us at the above address. You can also complain to the ICO.
Information Commissioner: Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate)