Sharing oral health information is a key aspect of our work in the Oral Health Improvement team. We provide training to a range of people and groups who wish to improve oral health in their place of work and in their communities.
- Is free of charge
- Can be adapted to suit recipients and setting
- Always includes the fundamentals of good oral health; oral care, diet and dental visits
- Is currently delivered online
- Can count towards Continuous Professional Development and support CQC requirements.
Who we train…
- Health visitors, school nurses, nursery nurses and 0-19 teams
- Teachers and school staff teams
- Early Years Practitioners
- Looked After Children teams
- Other local authority staff involved in supporting children and adults
To make a booking or if you are interested in training but do not fall into one of these groups listed, please contact us to see if we can help you.
Attended our training and looking for further information?
Below are links and documents referred to in our training sessions:
Delivering Better Oral Health 2017
Public Health England: Oral Health Survey of 5 Year Olds 2019
nhs.uk – Vitamin D
Childsmile: snack ideas for children in various languages
National Smile Month
Mouth Cancer Action Month
6 year old Mario is having teeth extracted Channel 4
Supertooth and Dr Ranj explain all about taking care of our teeth in the three short videos below…
Children aged 0-3 years
Children aged 3-6 years
Children aged 7+ years